BY JILL WOOLFORD

Monday 15 March 2010

my red furry cocoon

its not like i mean to be lazy. its just i love my dressing gown!

its big,
its fluffy,
its cozy,
its comfy,
its snuggly,
its warm,
its oooh and its most definitely arrrgh!



knowing full well its a beautiful day outside and in all probability an effort should be made to leave the confines of the proverbial 'four walls' and get out into the world. i am still sitting here in my dressing gown. i have absolutely no intention of getting dressed today!

i could make excuses like i am waiting for the postman for a long awaited delivery, which in all fairness to myself is true, but could i not dress while i wait? hmmm, the answer is, no. actually.

i like to potter around the house in my big red furry cocoon.

i want to lounge around on the sofa waiting for jeremy kyle to start while watching my beautiful girl wobble as she learns to sit unaided.

i enjoy not opening the curtains and pretending that my house is a special private world that only my daughter and i inhabit.

i love our time, our special uninterrupted 'us' time.

i may decide to leave the house tomorrow and plunge myself into the never ending bustle of the outside world. but for now. for today. i am curling up with a constant supply of tea and biscuits and contemplating the amazing and wonderful life i have.

how lucky i am to be . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment